OpenSkies Is Here!
A new airline is getting ready to take flight: OpenSkies
, a division of UK flag carrier, British Airways is now in business.
The airline is a direct result of the Open Skies agreement reached this past March between the European Union (EU) and the United States, allowing European airlines to fly from a destination outside of their home country to the US. Previously, flights had to originate in the country where the airline was domiciled as “cabotage” rules forbid this practice. Given that the 27 EU countries are operating somewhat like the 50 states of the US, this move makes sense.
Open Skies (the agreement) isn’t perfect as it allows US air carriers to fly to points within Europe while denying similar access to European air carriers stateside, at least for now. That may change in the future, but the US is trying to protect its ravaged airline industry from outside forces who could wreck the economy.
For flight attendant prospects, OpenSkies (the airline, that is) could present a wonderful opportunity to get in on the ground floor of something that has a promising future. Thanks to the backing of British Airways, OpenSkies has a chance of making it where others have failed (i.e., MAXjet Airways, Silverjet, and EOS Airlines).
Is OpenSkies hiring? Absolutely! In fact, we can share the following information about who they are looking for in a candidate, but we urge you to visit the airline’s career page
for more information. Here are some of the highlights of the position:
Who are we looking for?
Flight attendants who:
- have a passion for giving excellent customer service
- love working in a team
- possess great communication skills
- want to help shape a new airline
- are friendly and approachable
- ideally have a bilingual capability
In addition we have opportunities for suitably qualified Flight Attendants to become Team Leaders who:
- Have a minimum of 12 months recent flying experience as a flight attendant
- Can lead and motivate a team
- Can create the environment for service excellence
Why join OpenSkies?
- Have the opportunity to deliver a pri cemium product and service style
- Being in at the start of a exciting new premium international airline
- Great opportunities for career advancement
- No reserve lines – everyone gets to fly immediately
- Paid while you are training in London at the OpenSkies training school.
- Elegant, designer uniform – Free initial issue.
Enjoy a competitive compensation and benefits package consisting of:
- Per diem expenses
- Generous vacation and holiday benefits
- Worldwide Staff Travel with British Airways
- 401(K) Retirement Plan
- Medical Benefits
- Dental Benefits
How do I apply?
We are recruiting Flight Attendants in the New York area in late June and July. If you are interested in joining our team, complete our on line application by clicking here
Once you have passed this initial online screening you will be invited to attend an interview. We have a number of dates scheduled for interviews in New York
and you will be able to book yourself onto an available date that suits you. Be prepared to spend the whole day with us.
Are You A New Yorker?
Of course, if you already live in the New York area, then that is an advantage for you. If you don’t, apply anyway, but be prepared for getting yourself to the Big Apple and spending the day with the airline.
Best wishes — we’ll post more information here as it becomes known.